Tuesday

A good series on PD's

The Los Angeles Times is running a week long series about a public defender. This one much better than that old one about burned-out Charlie from Florida. In fact this is shaping up to be a great read.


Ramiro Cisneros--the subject of the LA Times series.

I must admit though, as I read it, I hear strange echoes of the book. As it turns out, while the words are often different, the experiences detailed here are remarkably similar to my own. There is, in the end a nice universality to our struggle.

Still, despite being thrilled they're running this series, in the end, I can't help but be disappointed that a paper willing to devote this much ink to the issue couldn't be bothered reviewing Indefensible...

Alas...

1 comment:

Gritsforbreakfast said...

Be sure you send a copy to the reporter who did the story. Maybe they'll mention it. Best,