Saturday

Nevada prison reality series pitched

The Legislature's Committee on Industrial Programs, which oversees the various prison work programs operating around the state, on Thursday approved further discussions about shooting a potential reality television show at a Nevada correctional center.

The proposed weekly program, which would be called 'inCARcerated,' would focus on the inmates who work in a prison industries program that restores and rebuilds classic cars for private citizens. The tagline for a promotional video of the show shown to the committee says: 'inCARcerated. In this garage, they have nothing but time.'" Oy.

3 comments:

Blonde Justice said...

That tag line is so lame. But I might watch it. I liked some show where the inmates were raising dogs to be seeing eye dogs or helper dogs. But, then again, I think I like dogs better than cars. But that's just me.

Anonymous said...

That was a great show--a doc actually, about the seeing eye dogs at bedford hills--the women's prison in NY. Interesting--that program was started (i'm pretty sure) By Kathy Boudin...

Kim Plaintive said...

"Pimp My Ride" meets "Cops." I don't see how it can *not* succeed.